Tuesday 4 November 2014

Simple Number Birthday Cupcakes Cake 数字杯子生日蛋糕

Simple Number Birthday Cupcakes Cake 数字杯子生日蛋糕

A simple birthday cake that my little helper, Kai Yann and I made for my birthday. The number revealed how old I was celebrated. The number 4 (四 si) in Chinese has the similar pronunciation as Chinese word for 'die' (死 si). So, number 4 is always consider as an unlucky number among the Chinese communities. Nevertheless, this 43 + 1 birthday cake was made for fun instead of superstitious that 44 is not a lucky number. 

I was following the chocolate cupcakes with chocolate fudge frosting recipe from Joy Of Baking which has given very detailed instructions and a tutorial video too. Instead of using the normal size cupcake, I used the miniature cupcake cups. 


Kai Yann and I  had lots of fun making this birthday cake together. 






HAPPY BAKING AND COOKING!

No comments:

Post a Comment